Thursday 16 October 2008

"I'm Having A Relapse"

Now many might find this a little disconcerting, it may even shatter my reputation but i've never been Eminem's biggest fan. I rate his technical ability highly and the way in which he has forged hit record after hit record is second to none. However for several reasons I've never really been engrossed by the MC who put Detroit on the map. Eminem's novelty value possibly undermines his greatest works and the bandwagon that rolled on through, sweeping up every teeny bopper, Hip-Pop lover and angry white boy forced me to cross the tracks. It may well have been musical pretense on my part forcing sniggers and hip hop snobbery, in fact, IT WAS MUSICAL SNOBBERY.

While the class room was banging Eminem, I was rocking EPMD. When push comes to shove I must admit he is an incredible lyricist, perhaps its the concepts that made me once doubt him. In reality though I've never liked what everyone else liked purely because everyone else liked it. I was always digging for something different, something possibly better. Away from all the secondary school hype and me being me; I can now fianlly concede that dude is truly a master wordsmith, a heavy hitter on the mic, as good as, if not better than, anyone else to do it... I'M GLAD HE'S BACK.

This one certainly snuck right under the radar, rumor has it the new album 'Relapse' will drop some time in '09.



Does anyone know who produced the beat? To me it sounds like a Timbo production, I'm feeling this, it's alot.

Classic Freestyle Compilation, Surely This Will Convert Any Doubter, Or Perhaps I'm Preaching To The Converted, Any Doubters Even Out There??

1 comment:

Adam Gwilt said...

Shite! New song is awful, freestyles are rehersed.

Gimmie some of that 93 shit!

Can I kick it? To all the people who can Quest like A Tribe does....