Sunday 3 August 2008

The Rebel

"I proclaim that I believe in nothing and that everything is absurd, but I cannot doubt the validity of my own proclamation and I am compelled to believe, at least, in my own protest. The first, and only, datum that is furnished me, within absurdist experience, is rebellion. Stripped of all knowledge, driven to commit murder or consent to it, I possess this datum which gains greater strength from the anguish that I suffer. Rebellion arises from the spectacle of the irrational coupled with an unjust and incomprehensible condition. But its blind impetus clamours for order in the midst of chaos, and for unity in the very heart of the ephemeral. It protests, it demands, it insists that the outrage come to an end, that there be built upon rock what until now was written unceasingly upon the waters." - Albert Camus.

1 comment:

Digital Products Guide said...

i have added you a link,check .
may i have a link with you